I have attached an article from MIT that relates to building operational resiliency in Nissan Motor Company. Read the article carefully and treat this assignment as your research paper. Based on what you have learned in class, try answering the following questions. Questions can be found on page 8 and 9 as well. I expect you to write 3 to 4 pages independently (you are okay to discuss the ideas with your friends). Use 12 size Times New Roman font.
- The case identifies several aspects of the Nissan response that were particularly beneficial. Expand on the points made in the case to identify the potential costs and benefits of these actions.
- What else could Nissan have done to prepare for and respond to the disaster? Try to articulate the
costs and benefits of your suggestions.
- What could Nissan have done to assess the risk of disruption in their supply chain?
- How did Nissan’s product line strategy help or hurt its ability to respond to and recover from the
- How will the operational changes announced in 2012 affect Nissan’s exposure to future disruptions? How will it affect its steady-state operations? What trade-offs is management making and why?