Signature Assignment Description/Directions:
Choose one or more leadership topic(s) from your textbook or from a scholarly source from a previous discussion or assignment from this course and write about its application to nursing practice. ( This can be anything from conflict resolution to providing a safe work environment/culture )
- Provide definitions, history/background, and major concepts of chosen topic.
- Describe the topic’s function in nursing practice by examining at least three different nursing roles (for example, bedside nurse, public health nurse, CNO, unit manager, etc.).
- Discuss how the leadership topic can be used in your own practice.
- Discuss your personal growth in regard to your chosen leadership topic.
- Evaluate personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to your career advancement.
- Then, discuss the top three traits you feel makes a good nurse leader. (strong communication skills, integrity, respectful …)Support your statements with examples from your practice experience and scholarly sources.
Length: 1750 to 2000 words in length
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA 7th ed. format. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of three scholarly sources plus the textbook are required.
Total Point Value of Assignment: 500 points