Review the video and transcript from the Ted Talk “Less Stuff, More Happiness” at https://www.ted.com/talks/graham_hill_less_stuff_more_happiness?utm_campaign=tedspread&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=tedcomshare. Then, consider the purpose in this Ted Talk is to explore strategies for living an edited life. Draft a formal academic APA formatted paper of 700 words in which you:
- Formulate an open coding structure for the transcript data and analyze how this coding is relevant to the study’s purpose (Be as expansive as you want in identifying any segment of data that might be useful).
- Next, constructs groups (axial coding) based on the open coding, and justify your decisions regarding this categorization (Make sure to assess whether your categories are both logical and appropriate given Hill’s purpose, i.e., Are they sensitive? Exhaustive? Mutually exclusive? Conceptually congruent?).
- Create an alternative purpose for Hill’s Ted Talk, and offer a revised coding structure; making sure to note how your view of the data changes
- Hypothesize how your alternative may be reflective of your projection onto the data based on your own beliefs and life experience
- Formulate, based on your research of appropriate sources, how researchers might guard against bias in data analysis.
To achieve a successful experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written Communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message, follows standard American English usage, and uses language appropriate for the intended business and scholarly doctoral audiences.
- Formatting: Paper, references, and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length: 700 words, double-spaced.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
- Due Date: Sunday by midnight (Central time zone).
Submission Instructions: Attach document in Microsoft Word format and upload to this assignment area.
Course Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,