- There needs to be a constant connection between the two locations that can carry at least 50 Mbps of data.
- Each facility has three floors. The buildings are rectangular with each floor being 350’x350’.
- There will be 200 network connections on each floor with an additional 100 network connections in the data centers located on the third floor of each building.
- The primary data center will be located at the Atlanta location.
- There will be a failover data center at the Cincinnati location.
- Each location should be protected from intrusions that are not limited to state change attacks.
- The Atlanta location will house the two secure development teams. As such, it will need the most security. To further complicate the design, there will be database servers and the corporate Web servers housed at that location as well.
- There will be database servers located at the Cincinnati site.
- The servers must have redundancy.
- The solution must have a plan to verify security measures.
Your job is to develop a network design to meet the requirements above.
- You should submit a network drawing listing the network’s topology including any necessary hardware.
- You should list any recommended cable.
- You can recommend wiring closets wherever you need them.
- You should recommend ways to assure that you are not getting attacked.
- You should build traps to stop attackers.
- You should recommend any WAN or wireless technologies.
- You should recommend any technology needed in the data center for high availability.
- Justify your recommendations.
This topic is related telecomm network security ISOL532.