Short Answer: (5 points each) Write a short paragraph (3 sentences) in response to each prompt.
- What was the role of the Chinese workers in the building of the Transcontinental railroad?
- What is Angel Island Immigration Station and what is its significance?
- Who was Wong Chin Foo?
- Who was Mary Tape?
- How was Chinatown turned into an “Oriental City”?
- What was the National Dollar Store strike?
- Why was the Chinese Exclusion Act repealed in 1943?
- What was the Mei Lun Yuen project and why was it important?
- Who was Vincent Chin?
- What was the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965?
Long Answer (25 points each): One a one page double spaced response (250 words) to each prompt below.
- Choose a quote each from two historical figures we studied in class. Explain the context of each quote and your takeaway from each.
- Choose two historical documents or photographs that you came across in the course of the semester. Explain what each of them are and what is your takeaway from it.